Click on a product to jump to its FAQ:
Penny / Spencer / Marshal / xRM/CRM
- I have a job costing system. Can Penny track time against the jobs in my 3rd party system?
Yes. Penny has the ability to capture time to Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Accounting, WennSoft Service Management, WennSoft Job Costing, Diamond Project Costing, Olympic Job Costing, WorkTech and Canadian Payroll Jobs. This gives you the flexibility to choose the best project costing solution for your business and Penny will connect to it hassle free.
- I have a punch-clock system. Can I use it to collect the data and push the approvals through Penny?
Yes. Penny can import time from a Biometric, scan card or punch-clock system as long as they can produce an ASCII file. Sometimes some effort may be required to configure the ASCII file and do some data validation, but with Penny you are well on your way.
- Will Penny work with Microsoft Dynamics US Payroll ?
No. At this time, Penny is designed to work with Canadian Payroll only. We have done projects to integrate to US Payroll, but they involve significant customization. We are considering adding support for US Payroll in the future, but it is not available at this time.
- I have the HR Module. Can Penny show my staff their HR Data?
Penny connects to the Canadian Payroll tables. Some HR tables synchronize with the Canadian Payroll tables (like Employee name / address / phone number for example). Dynamics GP ensures the data between HR and Canadian Payroll are the same and Penny displays the information from the Canadian Payroll tables.
- Can Penny help me with my vacation planning?
Yes. Penny comes with a leave management system that allows employees to see their vacation entitlements and to use this time to book holidays. Their managers can see balances and a calendar of all leave requests in their department to help them decide if they will approve a leave.
- My staff is not very computer savvy. I do not think they can enter their own time.
No problem. While Penny has a very easy to use interface, it also allows a delegate to enter time on behalf of someone else so you could have a crew chief or an administrative assistant enter time for a group of employees and still have it flow through the powerful approval engine prior to being processed by Payroll.
- What about business intelligence capabilities?
Penny has a number of built in reports to use, but we rely heavily on the same tools as Microsoft Dynamics GP so users can use tools like Smartlist Builder or SSRS to report on key metrics using the Penny data. There is no need to learn another reporting system.
Back to top
- I need to capture expenses against projects. Can Spencer help?
Yes. Spencer can natively integrate to Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Accounting or you can set up Projects and Cost Codes in Spencer and capture time for any third party system.
- Will Spencer handle my GST / PST / HST?
Yes. Spencer uses the Tax Schedules and Tax IDs that you configure in Dynamics GP to ensure proper tax capture and reporting. Then it automatically calculates your taxes and allows employees to override the amount for rounding differences between systems.
- I use a credit card for many of my expenses. Do I really have to enter all the details?
No you do not. Spencer can import expenses from many credit card providers and assign them to the right expense type and employee. You can then add any additional details to the expenses and submit them for approval without having to enter them from scratch.
- Can Spencer handle multiple currencies?
Yes. Spencer can allow entry in multiple currencies.
- I have some expenses that need to go to multiple GL accounts. Does Spencer do that?
Yes. Spencer allows for a default GL account to be assigned to expenses but can be overridden to distribute parts of the expense amount to other accounts.
- My employees don’t know where I want things coded in my GL. Can Spencer allow them to enter information without making a mess of my GL?
Yes. By default all expense types are user definable and each one can be assigned to a natural GL account. Spencer then allows you to configure other attributes (like the Employee’s department for example) that mask a portion of the GL Account for you automatically. This way employees enter things that make sense to them and Spencer does all the heavy lifting to ensure it is coded to the right place.
- Can I attach electronic receipts in Spencer?
Yes. Spencer allows receipts to be attached anywhere along the workflow. If you have a document management system with an API, our professional services team can even integrate Spencer for you.
- What about business intelligence capabilities?
Spencer has a number of built in reports to use, but we rely heavily on the same tools as Microsoft Dynamics GP so users can use tools like Smartlist Builder or SSRS to report on key metrics using the Spencer data. There is no need to learn another reporting system.
Back to top
- Why use Marshal?
- Inexpensive, flexible, familiar
- Manage , Capture, Collect , Report, Analyse
- Web based, outlook interface means one point of reference or click:
- People, Incidents, Training, Certifications, Meetings, Policy, Forms, Reports
- Alerts and Notifications in Outlook
- Branding- Incorporate Company Logo’s in to Reports
- What industries choose Marshal?
- Clients who have a manual or spreadsheet homegrown safety system
- Clients with sophisticated reporting requirements or legacy safety system’s
- Can Marshal be integrated with other solutions?
Integration between Marshal and in-house systems is standard practice for Joesoftware and has commonly included Human Resource & Personnel databases, ERP, Content Management systems, Active Directory and many more. Please contact us to discuss any particular integration requirements you may have.
- Is a premise model available?
Yes, we have several customers who still prefer the on premise model.
- How do users access Marshal?
- Simply let your Marshal support representative walk you through the process
- You can access Marshal through any internet connection.
- With the Marshal Mobile Solution access through tablet or mobile device
- Do I need an IT resource or computer person to install/maintain?
Absolutely not, Marshal is an accellerator which resides in Outlook. Typically managed by OHS internal resources.
- What if I add or change my hardware?
Simply let your Marshal support representative walk you through the process
- How flexible is Marshal?
- Dashboards, workflows, reports, KPI’s, customizations done with Marshal
- In most cases the clients perform these activities themselves
- Getting Started?
Determine the choice for you. Full web users, lite web users, premise, very flexible.
- By design Marshal is intuitive and easy for quick user acceptance.
- Training plans include, train the trainer, web based training. Client premise training or our facilities are available.
- How are Upgrades handled?
- Marshal Software Assurance Revs, patches, upgrades included in Software Assurance
- Pricing Starts at 499.00 p/mth based on number and type of users
- Want to investigate Marshal? Who do I contact?
Visit our Contact page.
Back to top
- Can Joesoftware help me if my company doesn’t use Microsoft for email or office productivity solutions?
Here at Joesoftware we implement solutions on the Microsoft platform. If you are not a user of Microsoft solutions we might not be your best choice of partner at this time.
- How involved does my company need to be in a software implementation for it to be successful?
Our experience at Joesoftware tells us that the more involvement there is from our clients the better the software implementations work. To be able to tailor a solution to best meet your needs we need to speak to your people to understand those needs. Employees are more likely to adopt a new software solution if they had a say in how it was designed and implemented. While we are working on the software, the company needs to be considering how it needs to change processes, policies and procedures to best take advantage of that new software. Employees will require training and support on the new software and those amended processes.
- Can I implement new software and leave my business processes unchanged?
To be able to achieve real improvements in business outcomes, companies that implement new software should expect to have to change some of their processes, policies and procedures. In part this is to allow them to really benefit from the software they have purchased, but also companies cannot expect to see better results if nothing changes. Software alone can only do so much. The rest is the result of better processes and training to support better employee performance.
Back to top